Monday, March 23, 2009

Rock-a-bye Baby

I think Emily is ready to be a big sister! She still loves carrying around her baby, and now she pretends to rock her side to side and sings "rock-a-bye baby." It's pretty amazing how many cute ideas she has that she comes up with entirely on her own. We spend the majority of our time at home outside (we missed out on that in our apartment!!). Thank goodness there are such things as swings and sand boxes, but Emily mainly likes to tote around as many different types of balls that she can find. I have to admit, it's pretty hilarious seeing a 2 ft child carrying around a basketball all day! She recently has started to like play dough and bubbles more, which is a great activity for the back porch. We really try to keep her as busy as possible so she'll take better naps--we moved her bedtime to 8pm (from 7) and I'm just desperate for her to learn how to take a nap longer than an hour before the baby arrives! :)
All is well with the pregnancy so far. We had yet another scare last week with a possible bacterial infection that leads very quickly to infecting the amniotic sac, which would cause my water to break suddenly. I have to be very aware of every little change, since we never figured out why my water broke early with Emily. Unfortunately with a whole new set of doctors combined with my medical records from 5 different locations still missing (grrr), it's very difficult to be taken seriously rather than taken for just a crazy worried pregnant lady. Nevertheless I continue to feel the baby kick all the time and am growing quite round, and trying to be more restful! I've started new sewing and knitting projects that hopefully can be completed before the end of the decade.
We've been so lucky to have many visitors to San Antonio! After my family was gone for a week and it rained everyday, Emily and I were having extreme cabin fever. And nothing cheers me up more than old friends from Dallas! Also we met some new families at a UD alumni picnic this past weekend and are excited to hang out with them soon.
And the most exciting news is that I have a new cousin! Theodore Augustine Fagan was born on March 17th, weighing 9 lbs. 5 oz., and is the 32nd Fagan grandchild! He looks just like his brother Colman and so far is eating and sleeping great. I wish I took my camera with me when I went to visit!!
This week we've got the usual bible study, story time and zoo planned, but we're also going to Austin! We've been dying to go for so long but haven't been able to make it work, so we can't wait to see the Danze families:)

No comments: