Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dare I say we've adjusted?

Now that it's been 2 months with a new baby in the house, I think it's safe to say that we've found our new "normal" routine. We're all still trying to kick croup, colds, blah blah blah...such is life! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be cooking and doing the chores for our little family again. Letting go of control was harder than I would have ever thought, but it gave me a lot of time to appreciate how wonderful and helpful Eli and the kids are. Emily has always been eager to help out with cleaning and cooking, but recently she's taken on a whole new realm of responsibility. She has unbelievable patience for Max's fussiness. Especially at times when I need to put him down for a minute, I return to see Emily holding his paccy in place and singing him songs. Leo still is fighting for our attention, and prefers to assert himself through bouncing as close as possible to Max without actually being *on* him. Max's temperment is somewhere in the middle of the spectrum...not as needy and sensitive as Emily, but not as easy going as Leo. I just love to see how they interact without my direction.

Entertaining little Max during tummy time.


Mommy in the making.

No comments: