Friday, December 2, 2011

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I love it because everyone around the country has a chance to pause from their busy life and ponder their numerous blessings. Each year my list grows bigger, this year with the addition of a new life who has already beautified the world in his own lovely way. This is also a great time of year to extend generosity to others less fortunate. Growing up I always dreamed of devoting myself to the poorest of 3rd world countries. Eventually I realized that perhaps the most fruitful charity work to be done was in my very own family. Through forgiveness. Through sacrifice. Through spiritual nourishment. Through love. So I encourage you during this advent season to go the extra mile for your family and friends--out of thanksgiving for all that the Lord has blessed you--and pay it forward in your own special way.
Here are some of my favorite people to be thankful for:

A devoted and loving servant leader who guides me and my children to a closer relationship with Christ.

A sweet little girl maturing before my eyes. Also thankful for Catholic education and wonderful teachers, and the supporting parish community.


A cheerful burst of sunshine who has the uncanny ability to make everyone laugh.


A beautiful sign of hope for this world.

No comments: