Wednesday, November 12, 2008

24 Hours to Go

Tomorrow is surgery day.

I think Emily can tell something is up...she refuses to leave my lap.

I'm so nervous I can barely function. How am I going to be tomorrow morning when Emily is screaming out of starvation?? I just don't know why they make little babies fast. She won't understand, and still very often wakes up in the middle of the night to eat. People who have been around Emily know that her metabolism is insane...I literally spend the entire day trying to figure out what to feed her next. Her breakfast is usually eggs, toast, oatmeal, a piece of fruit, and 6oz of milk. That tides her over for about 2 hours. This kid should be obese...not 16 lbs!!

When she had heart surgery, it took her an entire week to come out of the anesthesia. Granted she was 2 lbs, but still. What if she reacts to the medicines like the tons of others she has been given in the past? I know she will be well cared for, but I don't like the thought of her in any more pain than necessary.

Why am I so stressed about this?! This is a minor, 30 minute surgery at one of the best hospitals in the nation. Was I acting like a lunatic when Emily needed her heart operated on to actually save her life? No. At least I don't think so.

This is one of those times when things are out of my control and I need to let God take over. Easier said than done! Please say some extra prayers for us today and tomorrow, especially at 11am. We'll post updates soon.

As for now...we're off to mass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im praying for you and Emily! God is good.

Brooke said...

Kate, I will have you, Eli, and Emily in my prayers. I know that everything will be fine. I watched Juno the other night and in one of the scenes the new mom askes "How do I look?" (holding the baby) another lady says "like a new mom...scared shitless!" You are totally being normal about you worrying. In my prayers! Love ya'll