Friday, May 22, 2009

Random Pregnancy Thoughts

#1. I feel so round! I've heard tons of complaining preggo ladies saying "there's just no more room for the baby to grow". Now, I didn't think I'd ever make it to 32 weeks, which means less 2 months left. But, that also means 2 months for this child to get bigger. A few weeks ago he measured almost 4 lbs., so basically the little squish is going to be a lot more squishy than Emily ever was in her life! How on earth is this going to fit?? If I can't breathe or sleep now, I guess God is just preparing me for 2 kids under 2.

#2 Eli has been indulging my nesting impulses patiently, which I have zero physical energy to fulfill. The biggest task has been to rearrange clothes and pack them up for the storage unit to make room for a whole other person to be living in our bedroom along with Emily. Millions of things to do, and we're running out of time. Where the heck is the cradle? How do I find that double stroller which a baby carrier snaps into? Where is the newborn box holding hopefully gender neutral blankets and clothes? Which type of sling is most comfortable for a baby who may spend a good amount of the day with me bending down? I need to order tiny cloth diapers! More importantly I need to take this one day at a time and continue to pray for grace.
#3 I'm worried about scamming Emily. I know it'll be good for her not to be the constant center of attention or to be constantly entertained. The problem boils down to the fact that I'm not really sure what kind or attention this baby will need. If you remember back to the newborn days of Emily, her eating pattern was 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off, 24 hours a day. Praise the Lord that didn't last more than a few months. I already know that this baby will be different...but I guess it'll take actually being with both kiddies to know how to help/enjoy/love/teach both on a daily basis.

(baking a cake for Nana's 50th...very sneaky girl!)
#4 My unfinished sewing and knitting projects are nothing but depressing to me! Off I go to try to make a dent while Emily is still napping...

TGIF! Enjoy your weekend:)

No comments: