Monday, May 23, 2011

5 Reasons why I Love my Little Boy

I never quite understood all the talk about "boys being boys". As you know, I have one older brother, and 4 estrogen human beings for sisters. When I taught for kinder, 1st and 4th grades, my boys were the sweetest. It was the little girls who were trouble. My own babygirl Emily, from day one, has been feisty. The NICU nurses used to laugh trying swaddle her little 2 lb. figure, and within seconds she would escape. That crazy kid never stayed still until she was 3. When I was a rookie mom, I thought she was hyperactive because she was a high need baby who had a lot of preemie issues. Nope. She was just busy. Everysecondofthedayandnight.

Leo was the most laid back child on earth straight from the womb. He was just happy sitting around, watching the chaos. As the big 2 rounds the corner, Leo's busting out of his shell and showing mommy what boys are all about.

1. They're messy. And that's just the way they like it.


2. They're chill. Why go inside when you've got unlimited water at your disposal? He will eat/drink anything...including grass, sand, mulch, dog food...you name it, he eats it.


3. They're loud. Oh my all that is holy and good. That kid has a serious set of vocal cords. When Emily came home from the hospital, I was afraid I wouldn't hear her crying in the night. When Leo came home from the hospital, you could hear him screaming down the block and around the corner. He typically gets what he wants when he hollers because I just cannot take the knives slicing through my eardrum.


4. They love bugs. The tender love lasts for about .2 seconds before turning so intense that the bug is squashed 10 times by a pudgy foot. Naturally, Emily flips out when he touches/goes near/smashes anything that remotely resembles an insect.


5. They're always on the run...and on the climb...and on the jump...

3 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

So sweet! Paul loves to love things until he crushes them into a pile of unfortunate death. The chickens have miraculously survived...so far ;)

Rebecca said...

I wish you lived closer so our little guys could do all that boy stuff together! You are 100% describing him too... BTW, I'm reading a great book by Meg Meeker called Boys Should be Boys. You should check it out if you haven't already!

Kate said...

Lol chickens...you guys are crazy:) i could just imagine Leo squeezing the living daylights out of that poor fluff.
I will def. check out that book! Let's send an copy to that cucko mom of the genderless kid named Storm.
(R, sidenote, we're staying put this weekend. but next time we're in the big D i'll give you a heads up!)